Things You Can Do:
- Eat smarter, smaller portions
Low impact exercise
- Cycling, swimming, water aerobics, elliptical glider, stairmaster, treadmill
- Glucosamine/ Chondroitin Sulfate/ MSM. (1 pill twice a day for at least a month)
Over the counter medications
- Ibuprofen/ Advil/ Motrin (2-3 tabs 3 times a day as needed)
- Naprosyn/ Aleve (1-2 tabs 3 times a day as needed)
- Tylenol (1-2 tabs 3 times a day as needed)
- Take medications as directed.
- Take medications with food.
- If you take the higher doses daily, check with your primary care provider about follow up blood tests for kidney and liver function.
THINGS WE CAN DO:
- Prescribe anti-inflammatory medications
- Inject cortisone or visco-supplementation
- Prescribe physical therapy
- Perform surgery to correct the problem